Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 year in review, Regis and Kelly next ??

The first year of blogging about the adventures of publicizing the existence of the book "Travels in a Blue Chair" has come and gone!! I can't believe it, there has been so much positive energy!

Here is a brief rundown of the web based efforts;

4 TV interviews
6 Newspaper articles
1 Radio interview
3 Speaking engagements, with one being to schoolchildren, yay!
2 Book signings (one in the rain!!)
700 Profile views on YouTube
4000+ Views of my YouTube video interviews
40000+ Hits on my website http://www.bluechairbook.com
1st contribution from royalties to the Rotary Polio Eradication Fund,
and numerous magazine and online articles and interviews!

I could never have imagined all the people, from across the world as far away as New Zealand, who have contacted me to say they have enjoyed the book.

I still have work to do, especially breaking into the USA, but I am gratified with the progress we have all made together. Maybe Regis and Kelly will get interested in my book?

So hats off to 2008 and I know that the best is yet to come in whatever awaits in 2009!!

No comments: