Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Monday, December 29, 2008

David Onley - also appearing in March?

It looks like the date for my speaking appearance in Hamilton is starting to firm up for the end of March.

The organiser of the event is planning to include another speaker, also disabled, who will speak of the importance of a great personal support worker....very valuable if you must rely on another person to assist you with the daily tasks we all must complete.

Kathleen also mentioned that she was hoping to invite David Onley, Ontario's Lieutenant Governor, to speak at the event. Mr. Onley is a former broadcaster (weatherman, science reporter, news reader), who happens to use a scooter or cane in his daily routine. I sure hope he does attend, but I know he is very busy, and I advised that he be invited as soon as possible.

The event is really coming together and I am looking forward to speaking there!

No comments: