Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blog Blog Blog ...hits 100 !!

Wow, it is hard to believe that this marks my 100th blog post on this thread!!

So much has happened since launching the book "Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru". Of course like any endeavour, there had been lots of up and downs, all of which I have documented here. But, through it all has been the thought that this was going to be worthwhile.

And it really has!! The feedback that I have received, especially from people who have read the book has really encouraged me to continue on. Many disabled people have written to me that they have enjoyed my adventures, and even a few have mentioned that I have motivated them to seek out some adventures of their own!

A doctor from France, has let me know that he feels all his fellow medicos should read the book to see the disabled as people who live their lives and not just as patients.

I have had the opportunity to appear in news stories, speak on TV, radio, and even a symposium for the disabled. Additionally, I have recently participated in my first book signing!!

What's in the future for the next 100 blog entries?? Who knows? I will be speaking to Rotary and a school classroom. Hopefully there will be more articles written and I can think up new ways to get the word out on the existence of the book.

I have used the internet for the most part and let's hope the positive energy continues to flow!!

Thanks to all of you out there reading this for your continued support, encouragement and smiles!! Cheers.

No comments: