Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm too young to be in a Museum! ... or am I ?

My friend Tina alerted me to a Toronto Star article regarding the opening tonight, of a Royal Ontario Museum exhibit about the history of the disabled and our place in society. Tina has suggested that my book might deserve a place in the exhibit.

The interesting thing about this exhibit is that it was put together by the School of Disabled Studies at Ryerson University, here in Toronto. Now, I remember that just after my first T.V. interview on Breakfast Television back in January, I received an email from Ryerson. The note was sent by the librarian of the Disabled Studies program stating that she had seen the interview and had just ordered "Travels in a Blue Chair" for the university's collection.

So, I am wondering if the book they received is in the exhibit? If not, could they possibly add it? Anyway, I have phoned the University and emailed the ROM, but have not heard anything back.

If you are in town, please visit the ROM website and check out the exhibit. The show runs until the middle of July and if you are disabled, you get to bring someone with you for free! Well worth the effort, no doubt.

No comments: