Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Monday, June 8, 2009

June book signings - one this Saturday!

I have lived along the lake shore here in S. Etobicoke for the better part of the last 25 years.

One of the greatest pleasures I am lucky enough to enjoy is the Col. Sam Smith Park, just below the Humber College's Lake Shore Campus at the foot of Kipling Avenue.

Each time I wheel through the many different natural settings, I am reminded of some of the spectacular wild settings I have backpacked all over the world. There may not be any zebras, penguins, or koalas in New Toronto, but a glimpse of the beavers, mink, coyotes, swallows or night herons resident in the wetland makes me realise that I do not always need to go half way around the world to enjoy the same thrills that tourists to our town have on offer right here.

I will be signing books at two local events this month, starting this Saturday morning...

Saturday, June 13 9am-5pm
at the Toronto Reference Library's Small Press Group Book Fair
789 Yonge St, Toronto

and,

Tuesday, June 23 5.30-8:30pm
Mimico's Party in the Park,
Mimico Memorial Park (bordered by Hillside, Central and George Streets)

I look forward to meeting you there!

No comments: