Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Thursday, October 16, 2008

My first royalty donation to Rotary International - The Rotarian

On Tuesday, I had the pleasure of making a presentation to the Rotary Club of Welland. I was introduced by a great friend of mine, Mr. Brown, who is an honourary member and former President of the Club. His daughter Alison, is a third generation Rotarian.

I was treated to a delicious meal, and then I spoke about my book and about the wonderful work that Rotary is doing to eradicate polio in the last 4 countries that have it.

I then presented the club with some money to be forwarded on to Rotary International's polio program. The money was earned through sales of Travels in a Blue Chair.

I then had the opportunity to sign a number of books to some interested members, who had great comments and questions.

Thanks to all and hopefully after a year, we get the word out to all Rotarians in Rotarian Magazine!

No comments: