Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Monday, March 31, 2008

Speaking at an Accessibility Advisory Symposium.

My former math teacher in high school has contacted me recently about speaking at a regional symposium in Welland, my hometown, in early May.

Mr. Findlay was a great teacher, and is in a chair now, but it hasn't slowed him down much as he is "chair" (lol) of the city's Accessibility Advisory Committee, and has recently returned from Botswana, where he taught back in the early '80s.

Reading over the selection of speakers scheduled to appear, it seems there are quite a few heavy hitters advocating for accessible venues, transit and workplaces. All those topics are near and dear to my heart.

I can only hope that my contribution will fit in there somewhere, but as you know, if you have been reading this blog, inclusive tourism is the wave of the future and in fact, is here now.

No comments: