Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Thursday, August 20, 2009

Disability Badge - Cub Scouts

My friend Paul has two sons who are very active in the scouting movement.  Also, Paul himself is a leader, and has asked me to speak about my book and some of my experiences, so that the group can help earn their badge for disability.

I think it is great that they have a disability badge these days!

Paul was concerned that since the cubs meet down some stairs, in a church hall, that they would have to find a new location.

I mentioned that I thought we should meet in the usual location and he could help me down the stairs, as he usually does.  

It will help open up the kids eyes a bit and hopefully give them a peek into my world.  I know this will be a positive experience for all of us, together!

 

No comments: