Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Saturday, March 19, 2011

Accessibility Conference in Cambridge

One of the best things about writing a book is the fact that it really impacts people.

My friend Lynn, out in Cambridge, was attending an accessibility conference this week and informed me that she was passing out information about "Travels in a Blue Chair".

YAY Lynn!

I know that access is very important and we have made great strides in the last two decades, but there is still a long way to go. Here in Toronto, most of the subway stations are not even wheelchair friendly!! Can you imagine that in the 21st Century?? Terrible.

My own problems with access in the Third World has somewhat hampered my travels, but not much, as I always ask for help (as you know if you have read the book!!).

The more access, the more travellers in chairs, no matter what colour they are!!

No comments: