Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Thursday, April 15, 2010

An email from British Columbia

Recently I received a wonderful email from a young college student in Victoria, who had recently become disabled.

She was struggling because her parents were reluctant to support her in planning a trip to the US, even though she had travelled extensively prior to the onset of her illness.

I was asked for advice, and  I simply told her that she should go for it.  Her friends at the other end would be waiting to meet her and help out, if necessary.  I explained that things would certainly go wrong, as they always do,  but that was just part of the fun.

It is always great to meet new travellers looking to take up the challenge, and it gratifies me that "Travels in a Blue Chair" is really making a difference out there!!

No comments: