Travels in a Blue Chair: Alaska to Zambia, Ushuaia to Uluru

A disabled adventurer backpacks the world - alone!! This book makes a great holiday gift or corporate prize! See my TV interviews... http://www.youtube.com/user/bluechairwalt








Thursday, January 14, 2010

Great book reading!

On Tuesday evening, I attended a book reading at the Long Branch Public Library in Toronto's west end.

I had been invited by Dorota, who works there and who had met me at a book signing late last year.

It was a rather mild night for mid-January and there were about 20 people in attendance, including some friends of mine, who surprised me and came out to support the book.

I started the hour by talking about my experiences and why I wrote "Travels in a Blue Chair", then I read two stories from the book, one from Argentina and the other about Fiji. To end the evening I answered some questions from the crowd.

As usual at my events, the interest was overwhelming and it took longer than the one hour allocated. I finished up with a book signing.

I also had many photos takes, as a photographer from SNAP, a glossy monthly Toronto publication was in attendance.

Many thanks to Dorota, the library and all who attended for making me so welcome and getting the new year off to such a positive start!

No comments: